[U-Boot-Users] Re: [PPCBoot-users] loads usage on a windows platform

Holger Schurig h.schurig at mn-logistik.de
Fri Dec 27 08:54:04 CET 2002

> Minicom is broken. It cannot be used for s-record download, except by
> inserting unacceptable delays.

If you have to use something over the serial cable, consider C-Kermit. I
compiled for my Linux and it works great. Because it is scriptable (althought
in a strange way), I can even automate things. My C-Kermit for example
connects to my BDI2000 (over TCP/IP, not serial, it can do both), erases the
flash and loads the new bootloader automatically:

#!/usr/bin/kermit +

.bdihost = bdi
.prompt = bdi>
.image = /bdi/armboot
.image_start = 0x000000

define failquit {
    input 1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    close
    echo
    echo \%1
    exit 1
}

set input echo off
set exit on-disconnect on               ; Automatic exit on connection loss.
set telopt start-tls refuse             ; Do not use START_TLS option
set telopt authentication refuse        ; Do not use AUTH option
set telopt encrypt refuse refuse        ; Do not use ENCRYPT option

echo "Connecting to \m(bdihost) ..."

set host \m(bdihost) 23 /telnet                 ; Force Telnet protocol
negotiations
if fail exit 1

input 1 \m(prompt)
if fail failquit {No prompt from bdi}

define erase_flash {
    xecho "Erasing block \%1 ..."
    lineout "erase \%1"
    minput 4 {Erasing flash passed} \#
    if fail failquit {No answer to 'erase' command.}
    if ( = \v(minput) 2 ) failquit {Could not erase block \%1.}
    echo " done!"
}

erase_flash 0x000000

xecho "Burning image \m(image) ..."
lineout "prog \m(image_start) \m(image)"
minput 30 {Programming flash passed} \#
if fail 1 failquit {No answer to 'prog' command.}
if ( = \v(minput) 2 ) failquit {Could not burn image \m(image).}
lineout "reset"
echo " done!"

close
quit

I'm using similar scripts to update my kernel and my jffs2. Basically I just
change the .image, .image_start and the erase_flash lines.

VERY different from S-Records ..., I know :-)

--
MN-Logistik GmbH         http://www.mn-logistik.de
Holger Schurig