[U-Boot-Users] Re: [PPCBoot-users] loads usage on a windows platform

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 27 09:42:28 CET 2002

In message <200212270854.04442.h.schurig at mn-logistik.de> you wrote:
> > Minicom is broken. It cannot be used for s-record download, except by
> > inserting unacceptable delays.
>
> If you have to use something over the serial cable, consider C-Kermit. I

I agree that kermit is a fine tool, but did you actually try  to  use
it for S-Record download?

The _only_ tool I found to be working reliably (i. e. on  all  boards
at all baudrates) was "cu".

> compiled for my Linux and it works great. Because it is scriptable (althought
> in a strange way), I can even automate things. My C-Kermit for example

You can automate _any_ tol which provides a CLI. Use expect. This  is
pretty  straightforward,  and  _much_ more powerful than the C-Kermit
scripting capabilities.

But thanks for the example code!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."