[U-Boot-Users] How To Use gdb w/ u-boot source tree

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Tue Dec 31 19:59:36 CET 2002

Hello:

I now have a BDI2000, and I am preparing to use it to debug the u-boot code
that I
have generated.

Is it best to simply dissasemble the resulting image, and to single step
through
by referring to what gdb shows, and what the dissassembled code shows?

Essentially, I am looking for the series of steps that I would go through to
build u-boot, and load, and run it using DDD or some other IDE based
debugger
so I can see the source as I step through the code.

Thanks

Jerry