[U-Boot-Users] CVS Write Access to Das U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 4 19:53:09 CET 2002

In message <Pine.LNX.4.40.0211041930120.2979-100000 at mag.devdep.sysgo.de> you wrote:

> > What's so bad with sending a couple of patches first? Everybody  else
> > does.
>
> Let me ask you a question: why do you maintain your own kernel tree?
> Probably because its easier than getting your patches accepted. I want

You know the reasons very well:

We need a stable kernel for our customers, but patches and extensions
get only accepted for the 2.5 kernel, which is  far  from  acceptable
for  a  customer project. So we simply have no choice but maintaining
our own trees.

> interested in other peoples opinion on this. Do we need aprobation
> time to be allowed to continue working on U-Boot[ARM] again?

Nobody prevents you from working - just go on. The  only  restriction
that  _everybody_  will  be  facing  is  that CVS write access is not
granted immediately. Send me your patches, and  I  promise  to  merge
them  in  with  the  minimum possible delay. Then we'll discuss write
permissions again. My descision  is  based  on  experience  from  the
PPCBoot project, and I see no good reason to change my mind.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325