[U-Boot-Users] CVS Write Access to Das U-Boot

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Mon Nov 4 19:37:27 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > Really? I remember some lengthy discussions about a patch that ended
> > with a rather, er, grungy moderator asking me multiple times for a
> > rewording of the README part of the patch, because he didn't like the
> > patch.
>
> So probably it's not exactly a "resonant mind" then.

So you define the resonance frequency. Which I find not very
cooperative. Don't we have the same rights, like to reject (or debate)
_your_ enhancements?

> What's so bad with sending a couple of patches first? Everybody  else
> does.

Let me ask you a question: why do you maintain your own kernel tree?
Probably because its easier than getting your patches accepted. I want
to avoid that situation happening again in our micro-cosmos. (And
that's what it really is, be fair.)

> Let's stop this discussing, it costs but time. If you want  to  help,

Wolfgang, please don't always turn away from inconvenience like that.
I know it's tedious, and I know that some people out there shake their
heads, but we're dealing with Open Source here, so the rights of
maintainance should be discussed openly as well. Actually I'd be
interested in other peoples opinion on this. Do we need aprobation
time to be allowed to continue working on U-Boot[ARM] again?

Best Regards,
Marius

Marius Groeger           SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG       mgroeger at sysgo.de
Software Engineering     Embedded and Real-Time Software    www.sysgo.de