[U-Boot-Users] CVS Write Access to Das U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 4 18:20:29 CET 2002

In message <Pine.LNX.4.40.0211041843090.2621-100000 at mag.devdep.sysgo.de> you wrote:

> I thought we have known each other for long enough a time to have such
> "trust" in each other's work. We will probably never gain 100%

Let's work a while togehter on this project, and we'll see.

> Really? I remember some lengthy discussions about a patch that ended
> with a rather, er, grungy moderator asking me multiple times for a
> rewording of the README part of the patch, because he didn't like the
> patch.

So probably it's not exactly a "resonant mind" then.

> There _is_ a difference if you have to beg for a feature to go into
> the sources.

I rather discuss such an issue before, and then have an agreement  of
the involved parties. This has nothing to do with "begging".

You mention exactly one of the reason why I don't intend to grant you
or anybody else immediate CVS write access. I want  to  know  how  it
works out exactly in situations like that.

What's so bad with sending a couple of patches first? Everybody  else
does.

Let's stop this discussing, it costs but time. If you want  to  help,
please send patches, and you are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325