[U-Boot-Users] Re: [PPCBoot-users] MCUinit + ppcboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 5 09:11:07 CET 2002

Dear Yigit,

in message <200211050954.03346.yigit.can at karel.com.tr> you wrote:

> I'm a newbie to embedded systems and linux.

Welcome.

> I have a motorola 860t reference board called viper. Now i want to port
> PPCboot to this board. I've read the README file but still i have questio> ns.

Please note that the development of PPCBoot  has  been  discontinued.
The  code  is  frozen,  and  we don;t intend to add any new stuff any
more.  Development  continues  under  the  new  project  name  U-Boot
(Universal Boot Loader)>

But except for the name everything is more or less the same.

> The board comes with a program called MCUinit. This program can generate > C
> code for initialization of board. My question is how can i add this progr> am
> to ppcboot? Are the function names specific to ppcboot?

You should not try to add this function as is to U-Boot. Instead, add
the incomation contained in  it  (like  initial  values  for  special
registers, UPM tables and RAM init sequence) to your new board config
file  (include/configs/viper.h) resp. your new board dependend C code
(board/viper/viper.c).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325