[U-Boot-Users] custom 8245 board & exceptions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 5 14:50:26 CET 2002

In message <200211051340.54645.h.schurig at mn-logistik.de> you wrote:

> I only knew the other way around, that I can connect a serial cable from the
> bdi2000 to a serial port of my target, allowing me a "telnet" into the serial

Arrgh... sorrry, I was wrong. So far, I too used  the  "SIO"  feature
which  connects  a  telnet  session  the  the  BID's  RS232  port.  I
remembered that there was another feature for  "virtual  I/O"  ("VIO"
parameter) which only needs the JTAG connection to the target, but my
memroy was wrong how this is implemented (you must still have an UART
on  the board, with RxD and TxD routed to sperecial spare pins on the
COP header).

Please forget my suggestion....

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ electronica 2002 in Munich, Nov 12-15, Hall A3, Booth A3.325