[U-Boot-Users] [Fwd: [PPCBoot-users] DHCP updating environment???]

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Nov 5 18:02:43 CET 2002

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <3DC7E754.AAB01A23 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> To _me_ this makes sense. Please send me a patch.
>
> If there is no protest from anybody  else  it'll  make  it  into  CVS
> within a couple of hours.

Dear Wolfgang,

1. I can't send patches for U-Boot yet.
2. All I have right now is a nasty hack that works for me (since my DHCP server
is configured well)
3. Before we put something like that into CVS we (not just you and me) should
discuss a way to deal with misconfigured dhcp servers because this changes the
behaviour of boards that actually have autoload=n.
(There's only one board with #define CFG_AUTOLOAD "n" in the PPCBoot CVS ->
GENIETV)

Is it enough to have a right CONFIG_BOOTP_MASK? So only the "interessting"
NetOurXXX variables are effected!?

Steven