[U-Boot-Users] Library order problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 19 16:25:04 CET 2002

In message <3DDA4D62.F255E9B3 at staubli.com> you wrote:

> board directory. During the link phase, I have some errors because of
> undefined references to the board specific
> functions. These errors are due to the library order defined in the main
> Makefile. The board library is the first in the
> list. I've tried to change this order in the following way :

Please note that the libraries are already searched twice:

u-boot:         depend subdirs $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(LDSCRIPT)
		$(LD) $(LDFLAGS) $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(LIBS) -Map u-boot.map -o u-boot

This is ugly, and I really would like to get rid of this.

> This modification solves my problem. I ran the MAKEALL script for 8xx,
> 8260, 824x and 74xx boards (I don't have any compiler for other
> processors) without any problem.
>
> What do you think about this modification ?

Maybe there is a better way? We used to have ranlib for  things  like
this, but it does not seem to help on PPC. Anybody any ideas?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Bus error -- please leave by the rear door.