[U-Boot-Users] Memory map on ARM

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Tue Apr 1 07:18:57 CEST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 04:14:37PM +0200, Holger Schurig wrote:
> What is the exact problem?
>
> I have a PXA250 target as well (I will never contribute it to u-boot
> because I like to have CVS write access for my sources). It works
> perfect for what I can see.

Yes, but the memory map which is documented in README is different from
what ARMboot implemented. When I started my ports I followed the
documentation, so all the other ARM implementations rely on the old
scheme and my ports on the new one. Long term Wolfgang is surely right
when he says that the code has to be cleaned up and unified; I suspect
that most of the stuff in lib_[arm|ppc|...] can be unified. But for
today's release it would be nice to have a quick fix which makes the
boards at least work without a patch.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4