[U-Boot-Users] SMC driver problem

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Tue Apr 1 07:31:39 CEST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:01:41PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20030331174409.GA17704 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:
> > I've just tried to track down the SMSC driver problem which was recently
> > reported on this list. After the MMU allocates a block for a sent packet
>
> Oops? I don't think the MMU allocates any blocks ???

It _tries_ to allocate a block.

> Which system is this? And what are you doing with the MMU on it?

PXA250, similar to Cogent's CSB226. It's not the processor's MMU but
that one on the ethernet chip. The chip has some buffer memory and you
can use it's MMU to allocate blocks for packets you want to send.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4