[U-Boot-Users] RE: start / load addresses for initrd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 2 10:05:24 CEST 2003

In message <MMEKKOMGOBGEIENHLGDLEEGMCHAA.jwalden123 at adelphia.net> you wrote:
> Okay - I don't want to use thier tools - can you see anything obvious that
> is missing from the initrd (fsimage.tar) file.

You cannot see anything  from  just  the  listing  of  the  tp  level
directories.  There  are  many  things to check: the existence of the
correct entries to /dev, is there a "init" process, are all  requires
(shared?) libs installed, ...

> Since I do not want to use thier tools where can I find info on
> making a proper initrd (I already read Documentation/initrd.txt).

Have a look at the build script we use for the SELF RPM in our  ELDK;
or   unpack  the  pRamdisk  image  that  comes  with  the  ELDK  (see
/opt/eldk/<cpu>/images on your installed system).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If you fail to plan, plan to fail.