[U-Boot-Users] mpc8245 timer

DeLaGarza, Robert robdlg at att.net
Wed Apr 16 09:51:58 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003 2:00 AM, Wolfgang Denk [SMTP:wd at denx.de] wrote:
> In message <01C302F0.40E40DC0.robdlg at att.net> you wrote:
> >
> > ...in Table 11-11 of the _MPC8245 Integrated Processor User's Manual_,
> > there is the statement "The timers operate at 1/8 the speed of the SDRAM_CLK signal."
> >
> > Should the divisor in get_tbclk( ) be 8L for the MPC8245?
>
> You can easily try it out: how long does "sleep 10" sleep on your system?

Yes--thanks.  I tested "sleep 10" on both our '8245 reference board (an Artis Microsystems
SBC-A3000) and our own custom '8241 board.  In both cases, the sleep interval was correct.

Thus, the divisor in get_tbclk( ) appears to be fine.  I will disregard Table 11-11, as it does not
seem to apply here.