[U-Boot-Users] IVT on 405GP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 16 23:16:39 CEST 2003

In message <EGEGIJHKDKJGAJMGIDPNOEPJCKAA.jwalden at digitalatlantic.com> you wrote:

> what I should have said is I need to place a number in CONFIG_MONITOR_LEN
> that makes the calculation for the address of _start in relocate_code
> to be something like 0x3fc0000 - right now I have it set to (196 * 1024)
> which is used to calculate _start - that is what I need to change.

I see.

We will modify the CONFIG_MONITOR_LEN related code soon. It was wrong
to use this #define for too many too different things. [Unfortunately
we will not get completely rid of it - CONFIG_MONITOR_LEN  will  only
be  used to determine if the flash is embedded in the U-Boot image or
not, nothing else. We could remove it there, too, but this would blow
up code size beyond acceptable limits.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore. It's too crowded.