[U-Boot-Users] Re: u-boot i386 port

Daniel Engström daniel at omicron.se
Mon Apr 28 08:27:30 CEST 2003

On 2003.04.28 07:09 zhu.zuoliang at zte.com.cn wrote:
> Zhu Zuoliang
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!!!! U-boot is now runing on my custom Pentium
> 2 board now, but the Linux Kernel still can not boot yet.
>
> I compiled a bzImage , download to u-boot, it halt after print:  Start
> Kernel....
> this is the problem of my Linux Kernel ? or my u-boot still has problem?
> or both?????

The obvius question is: have you configured serial console correctly in
linux?

It cold also be a problem with the load address you use, not all values
will work,
I use 0x100000 wich works for me.

You culd try to figure out what the cpu is doing, if you have access to a
hardware-
debugger of some kind.

> thanks a lot!!!!!!
You're welcome.