[U-Boot-Users] 答复: Re: u-boot i386 port

zhu.zuoliang at zte.com.cn zhu.zuoliang at zte.com.cn
Mon Apr 28 12:39:37 CEST 2003

Daniel Engström <daniel at omicron.se>
2003-04-28 14:27

收件人
zhu.zuoliang at zte.com.cn
抄送
u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
主题
Re: u-boot i386 port

I do like this:

ON HOST:

make bzImage;

mkimage -A x86 -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0 -e 0 -n "my kernle" -d
bzImage uImage

ON TARGET:

loadb 1000000 (load Image to 16M)
bootm 1000000

are there any problem of these steps?????
thanks a lot!!!!

On 2003.04.28 07:09 zhu.zuoliang at zte.com.cn wrote:
> Zhu Zuoliang
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!!!! U-boot is now runing on my custom Pentium
> 2 board now, but the Linux Kernel still can not boot yet.
>
> I compiled a bzImage , download to u-boot, it halt after print:  Start
> Kernel....
> this is the problem of my Linux Kernel ? or my u-boot still has problem?
> or both?????

The obvius question is: have you configured serial console correctly in
linux?

It cold also be a problem with the load address you use, not all values
will work,
I use 0x100000 wich works for me.

You culd try to figure out what the cpu is doing, if you have access to a
hardware-
debugger of some kind.

> thanks a lot!!!!!!
You're welcome.