[U-Boot-Users] "Porting armboot epxa1db to u-boot question

Andrea Sorio a.sorio at cocay.it
Tue Apr 29 15:31:50 CEST 2003

Hi

    I'm trying to port the armboot epxa1db  version to U-Boot.

    I made all the change necessary (I guess :-)). I can compile it but
i'm not able to link it. The linker reports these messages:

arm-linux-ld -Bstatic -T
/home/sorio/Devel/UBoot/u-boot-0.3.0/board/epxa1db/u-boot.lds -Ttext
0x00000  cpu/epxa/start.o
/home/sorio/Devel/UBoot/u-boot-0.3.0/tools/quartus/libraries/software/boot/libboot_xa_ads.a\
        --start-group board/epxa1db/libepxa1db.a cpu/epxa/libepxa.a
lib_arm/libarm.a fs/jffs2/libjffs2.a fs/fdos/libfdos.a net/libnet.a
disk/libdisk.a rtc/librtc.a dtt/libdtt.a drivers/libdrivers.a
post/libpost.a post/cpu/libcpu.a common/libcommon.a
lib_generic/libgeneric.a --end-group \
        -Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
arm-linux-ld: Error: interrupts.o compiled for EABI version 0, whereas
u-boot is compiled for version 1
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
cpu/epxa/libepxa.a(interrupts.o)
arm-linux-ld: Error: board.o compiled for EABI version 0, whereas u-boot
is compiled for version 1
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
lib_arm/libarm.a(board.o)
arm-linux-ld: Error: net.o compiled for EABI version 0, whereas u-boot
is compiled for version 1
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
net/libnet.a(net.o)
arm-linux-ld: Error: bootp.o compiled for EABI version 0, whereas u-boot
is compiled for version 1
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
net/libnet.a(bootp.o)
arm-linux-ld: Error: rarp.o compiled for EABI version 0, whereas u-boot
is compiled for version 1
File format not recognized: failed to merge target specific data of file
net/libnet.a(rarp.o)

I'm not able to understand this error.
Could someone be so kind as to tell me a hint?

Thank you in advance

Andrea Sorio

--
Andrea Sorio