[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for SC520 - patches for cvs

Marc Singer elf at buici.com
Sat Aug 2 19:37:00 CEST 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 11:20:18AM -0400, Brad Parker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to build u-boot for the SC520, starting with the AMD eval
> board.  The code in cvs doesn't build.  With the patch below it builds.
>
> But, the "objdump" to srec fails... If I do the objdump to a binary file
> I get a 900mb file :-)

In my experience, this behavior is usually a problem with the linker
definition file.  I'm not certain if it is a bug in the toolchain, or
simply some kind of mistake in the lds file.

> obviously objdump is attempting to fill some gap - but how to fix this?
>
> something tells me this behavior is "new" and didn't happen with older
> objdumps...

What version of the compiler are you using?

> also, in case it's interesting I've been able to do a lot of debugging
> with bochs, using a modified link directive file...

Cross compiling, perhaps?

I'm including a link to a version of the linker file that I've used.
It may not work as-is for you because I added some sections in order
to move code around.

  <http://ftp.buici.com/pub/u-boot/>

There is an linker definition file there as well as an old tar-ball
with sources for u-boot that did build.

Cheers.