[U-Boot-Users] Function pointers after relocation

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Sun Aug 3 23:35:53 CEST 2003

nyet at mrv.com wrote:
> Sorry, yes, it affects FADS and ICU86x, I have 5 different boards now,
> all are similar to the fads, which is why it feels like "most 8xx" to
> me.
>
> apologies for the hyperbole.

The changes I made to cpu/mpc8xx/start.S sorted this out for us (as
supplied a couple of weeks ago to this list) - I've not been able to
work out why FADS and ICU862 are treated as a special case. Simply
putting the environment after the code such that its *NOT* embedded and
removing the special case in the GOT table works OK - maybe its
coincidence :-))

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand