[U-Boot-Users] FLASH AM29LV320DB on AdderII

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 5 16:34:40 CEST 2003

In message <20030805134735.21564.qmail at web40409.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I picked the flash.c from fads and modified few
> things.
>
> I went through the code of walnut405 ( flash.c ) looks
> like it has some kind of fix for this. The ( unsigned
> short ) declarations.

This is not a "fix". It is a different configuration for a  different
board.

You cannot simply pick any flash driver and hope it will work  as  is
for  you.  You  must adapt (port) the flash driver as required by the
hardware on your board.

Note that it is generally a bad idea to use the FADS  as  an  example
configuration.

> But I am able to detect the sectors correctly.

That means nothing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...    :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <6940 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>