[U-Boot-Users] Are there any users of tools/gdb/astest.c?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Aug 5 18:33:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

looking through the mailing list archive, it becomes clear that the
mentioned "tools/gdb/astest.c" posed (in my view unnecessary)
problems for some U-Boot newcomers that stopped them from compiling the
main U-Boot code.

My question therefore is, does anyone still use this code or has it
been obsoleted by binutils?

Looking through the code it seems like it dumps ELF file infos for the
hard-coded "elf32-powerpc" BFD target so it is of limited use only to
the newly supported architectures anyway.

If anyone wants to keep the file then please speak up, otherwise I'd
like to ask Wolfgang to remove it so there is one less obstacle for
new users of U-Boot.

Thanks
  Detlev

--
You get 3 opportunities to advertise your Rock band, no more.
           -- Proposed Symbolics guidelines for mail messages (1984)