[U-Boot-Users] Preparing a KEV7a400 patch

Marc Singer elf at buici.com
Wed Aug 6 21:16:35 CEST 2003

I've successfully ported u-boot to the Sharp KEV7A400 board.  It can
program flash, boot from the network, and it runs from flash.

Before I submit a patch, I believe there are a couple of outstanding
issues that you,  Wolfgang, want resolved.

 1) Dependency on Perl

    Are you OK with an initial patch that checks for the presence of a
    Perl interpreter?  Since this is the only board using the
    mkocnfigx script, such a method will be backward compatible.  I
    agree that a shell script of the Perl script must be written.

 2) #undef arm

    It looks like the arm macro may be defined by the compiler.  The
    GCC info pages suggest that this macro may be defined unless
    -ansi is passed to the compiler.

    There are a few of ways to resolve this problem.  I could
    change the structure that is broken by the #define.  I could leave
    the #undef intact.  I could find a way to remove the #define by
    passing an switch to the compiler.  My preference, of course, is
    to leave the #undef intact.

 3) Trailing whitespace

    You found some lines in a previous patch to have trailing
    whitespace.  What do you use to detect this?