[U-Boot-Users] Re: Are there any users of tools/gdb/astest.c?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 7 14:33:44 CEST 2003

In message <87znilu9ep.fsf at deepthought.outer.space.org>
Detlev Zundel wrote:

> > astest was just a little hack that printed some info I needed - it could
> > definitely go. In fact, the whole gdb directory could probably go, although
> > I suppose it might be useful to someone/somewhere/sometime. Cheers!
>
> Thanks for the info.  It just appeared to me that my intention of
> not stopping new users could also be accomplished by simply separating
> a "gdbtools" make target from the "make all" target.  This way the
> code would be preserved but it won't stop anyone on compilation
> problems.
>
> Wolfgang, what do you think?

Let's do both: remove the astest.c file as the same can be done using
standard tools (bjdump), and remove the  tools/gdb  target  from  the
default build sequence (so build time will improve).

Detlev, can you please do this and check it in?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."