[U-Boot-Users] Re: Serial console for Linux at SCC1?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 13 16:43:04 CEST 2003

Dear Steven,

in message <3F3A257A.3070306 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> Now I just wanted to set bootargs to "root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw console=ttyS2"
> in order to get a Linux console at a different Port.
> But it's not working, i.e. I can't see any messages at ttyS2.

Maybe you just used a wrong baudrate?

> Could it be that since I configured U-Boot to use SMC for console, it's not going work
> with SCC anyway?

The Linux driver init code is completely independend  from  what  any
bootloader might be doing.

Maybe you should pass a baudrate with the  boot  argument,  something
like "... console=ttyS2,9600 ..." ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There comes to all races an ultimate crisis which  you  have  yet  to
face  ....  One  day  our  minds became so powerful we dared think of
ourselves as gods.
	-- Sargon, "Return to Tomorrow", stardate 4768.3