[U-Boot-Users] Re: Serial console for Linux at SCC1?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Wed Aug 13 16:56:13 CEST 2003

Dear Wolfgang,

> in message <3F3A257A.3070306 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
>
>>Now I just wanted to set bootargs to "root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw console=ttyS2"
>>in order to get a Linux console at a different Port.
>>But it's not working, i.e. I can't see any messages at ttyS2.
>

> Maybe you just used a wrong baudrate?
>

>>Could it be that since I configured U-Boot to use SMC for console, it's not going work
>>with SCC anyway?
>

> The Linux driver init code is completely independend  from  what  any
> bootloader might be doing.
>
> Maybe you should pass a baudrate with the  boot  argument,  something
> like "... console=ttyS2,9600 ..." ?

I tried console=ttyS2,9600 and others.
But even with a scope I can't see signals coming out ... :-(
So I know it's probably a linux question, but please:

Do you know of any (MPC8xx) boards that use SCC1 as serial console under
linuxppc_2_4_devel from your CVS?

BTW U-Boot is working with SCC1 as console!

Steven