[U-Boot-Users] Re: mkimage multi file use?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 18 21:05:04 CEST 2003

Dear Tom,

in message <3F4119EC.4030401 at san.rr.com> you wrote:

> OK, well I may take you up on that but I'll get back to you.  I hate
> having to ask questions I know have been answered already.

I am dissatisfied with the availability and efficiency of the  search
options at SF, too.

> >	bash$ mkimage -T multi -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 -n 'test multifile' \
> >	-d /path/to/kernel_image:/path/to/ramdisk_image uMulti
> >
> Hmmm... include/image.h talks about having byte counts in there as
> well.  Maybe I'm just confused.  I'll recheck it.

The byte counts are generated and inserted by the mkimage tool.

> Thank you.  Very helpful.  Can't believe I missed the README reference!
> Ugh!

That text was added less than 6 months ago, so you might have  missed
it when you read an older version of the README.

> Very much appreciated.  Thanks again!

You are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected.
	-- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5