[U-Boot-Users] Dual ethernet

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 19 20:38:45 CEST 2003

Dear Marwan,

in message <20030819154020.13485.qmail at web41309.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Iam trying to add support for two ethernet ports on my
> board. I am not sure how to switch and test each port
> individually. U-boot-0.4.0 mentioned under README that
> it is possible to do so, by typing eth1 or eth2 to
> switch between the ethernet ports. I tried that but it
> didn't work.

It is possible (and acutally prety well supported)  to  have  multipe
ethernet  interfaces,  but  of  course  this  requires  corresponding
support on the driver level.

Your description is so inaccurate that it is impossible even to guess
what you mean; for example you write  "by  typing  eth1  or  eth2  to
switch  between  the  ethernet  ports"???  No  such text can be found
anywhere in any available documentation.

> I just want to let you know that I did configure FCC1
> and FCC2 in my INCLUDE/configs/xxxx.h file and when
> U-boot come out of reset, it did output the following:
>
> Net:   FCC1 ETHERNET, FCC2 ETHERNET
>
> But I don't know how to verify that FCC2 is working. I
> am afraid iam missing something.

Probably.

> My question is basically is how to switch between
> ethernet ports under u-boot-0.4.0?

Yes, of course it is. But definitely NOT "by typing eth1 or eth2" :-(

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.