[U-Boot-Users] Anonymous CVS

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Aug 22 04:52:01 CEST 2003

Hi Timothy,

> I've tried fetching the source from anonymous CVS on sf.net and I always
> get to the point where it's fetching u-boot/tools/updater/utils.c, and
> the checkout hangs. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

The CVS service at SF hash serious problems for quite some time now.
I haven't seen a hang at that stage, but that really says nothing at
all.  You can grab a recent version (17 Aug) from our ftp server
though.

> I'm interested in using u-boot for an Alchemy Au1100-based board. As I
> understand it, the Au1100 is based on an enhanced MIPS 3k core. Aside
> from toolchain issues, has anyone ported u-boot to a 3k core? I
> understand the major difference between the 4k and 3k is the pipeline
> depth, which would seem to be a tools issue.

I am not too familiar with the MIPS family but in the sources there is
support for one MIPS 4k based board and for one MIPS 5k board, so you
can probably claim new ground here...

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/u-boot-0.4.6.tar.bz2

--
Peace of mind isn't at all superficial to technical work.  It's the
whole thing.   That which  produces it is good work  and that which