[U-Boot-Users] 8xx boot - low or high

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 05:17:44 CEST 2003

Greetings

Subject is a mpc86x based project.

Up until now I've been using an eval board which boots low (from 0x100)
but to save parts on the target hardware I'd like to boot high from
0xfff00100 so I don't have to set IIP (default vectors) or ISB (default
IMMR) in the hardware configuration word.

Can someone suggest an already implemented port of u-boot that starts
from the high vector so I can get an idea of how to structure the linker
control file so that start.o is *NOT* at the beginning but someplace up
the image.

OR

Can I start execution with IMMR at 0x000000000 (by not setting ISB in
the config word) and still run code from 0x100 (so I only have to pull
up IIP at reset).

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand