[U-Boot-Users] Board HW ID

Seb James seb at peak.uklinux.net
Wed Aug 27 13:59:43 CEST 2003

Hello,

I've put a re-compiled u-boot on a tqm823 module. This wiped over the
serial number and ethernet MAC address on the module. Re-setting the
ethaddr is no problem as it is printed on the back of the module.

I imagine I can do likewise for the serial number.

What about HW ID? Here is part of the u-boot boot-up message:

CPU:   PPC823EZTnnB2 at 50 MHz: 16 kB I-Cache 8 kB D-Cache
Board: ### No HW ID - assuming TQM8xxL

I would like to set u-boot/include/configs/TQM823L_myversion.h such that
the Hardware ID gets set correctly. Can anyone tell me how?

Many thanks

Seb James.