[U-Boot-Users] Board HW ID

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 27 14:39:21 CEST 2003

Dear Seb,

in message <1061985583.3350.42.camel at xerxes.hypercube> you wrote:

> I've put a re-compiled u-boot on a tqm823 module. This wiped over the
> serial number and ethernet MAC address on the module. Re-setting the

YOU DID NOT READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!!

YOU DID NOT READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!!

YOU DID NOT READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!!

YOU DID NOT READ THE DOCUMENTATION!!!

> ethaddr is no problem as it is printed on the back of the module.

And so is (most of) the board type code,  serial  number,  number  of
assigned MAC addresses.

> I imagine I can do likewise for the serial number.

Not exactly. Some parts (like internal revision code) are NOT printed
on the module.

> I would like to set u-boot/include/configs/TQM823L_myversion.h such that
> the Hardware ID gets set correctly. Can anyone tell me how?

Send me a message containing the MAC address (or  serial  number,  or
just the date when you bought the module) and I can look it up in our
database.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Lispers are among  the  best  grads  of  the  Sweep-It-Under-Someone-
Else's-Carpet  School of Simulated Simplicity. [Was that sufficiently
incendiary? :-)]  - Larry Wall in <1992Jan10.201804.11926 at netlabs.com