[U-Boot-Users] Resend: The dreaded embedded environment - linker barf!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 27 14:24:13 CEST 2003

Dear Robin,

in message <3F4A75FC.7020907 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> If I change my memory map for 'top' booting I *should* just need to set

What do you mean with "should" here? Is this what  you  think  should
happen? Maybe your expectations do not match the reality given by the
current implementation / configuration.

> It looks as though the CFG_FLASH_BASE define is being used
> inappropriately where CFG_MONITOR_BASE would be a more sensible value
> (for example to see if the environment is embedded should depend on
> where in flash that u-boot image is, not where the flash starts!!)

These defines are used all fine, as long as your configuration  makes
sense (as demonstrated by the 100+ existing board configurations).

> Any ideas appreciated!

Try to  understand  what  the  image  should  look  like,  where  the
environment  is located, and which #defines are used to configure the
environment to that location.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
365 Days of drinking Lo-Cal beer.                       = 1 Lite-year