[U-Boot-Users] mpc8xx hardware i2c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 27 14:26:45 CEST 2003

In message <3F4ADD81.2040302 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> Does anyone have stable working hardware (CPM driven) i2c for the mpc8xx
> please? I'm OK with the bit-banging config but I'd like to see the
> hardware version work:-)

The answer to your question is: yes, there is stable working hardware
using the CPM I2C controller.

Ummm... please try to assume that ALL features in U-Boot are  working
initially.  Please  ask on the list only when you have serious reason
to doubt that anything is broken.  There  are  so  many  features  in
U-Boot  that  it would take a lot of time to continue confirming that
they are indeed working on some board or another.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"You ain't experienced..." "Well, nor are you." "That's true. But the
point is ... the point is ... the point is we've been not experienced
for a lot longer than you. We've got  a  lot  of  experience  of  not
having any experience."           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_