[U-Boot-Users] mpc8xx hardware i2c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 28 09:43:47 CEST 2003

In message <3F4D2800.7060704 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> Do you have an example of a U-Boot version/board where this works
> without CPM microcode patches please? (I'm using an 859T which has no

We tested this (for  example)  on  LWMON  (with  and  without  U-Code
patches  enabled).  OTOH  - we usually use soft-i2c on all systems as
ther eis absolutely no advantage (but sometimes  a  lot  of  trouble)
with the CPM version.

> outstanding microcode patches currently). Since the driver code will be
> common between all (non-patched) mpc8xx CPUs and I know the externals of
> my hardware are OK (since the bit banging code is fine) I will then have
> a basis for further testing the code for one and all.

What exactly is your problem?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Xerox never comes up with anything original.