[U-Boot-Users] Data abort during type 0 pci scan

Ryan Pipkin ryan.pipkin at inet.com
Wed Dec 3 01:51:31 CET 2003

Hello,

I am attempting to setup the pci_controller device for my target board.
PCI Type 0 configuration addresses are directly mapped into local memory
so I am not using the indirect method.
I have routed everything to be dword accessed like
board/dave/common/pci.c:189
It appears that the pci_hose_scan_bus uses type 1 addresses when
scanning the pci bus.
In my read_dword: and write_dword I convert the dev (type 1 address)
into an appropriate type 0 address.

Is this the correct method for doing type0 scanning ?

In addition, the ixp2800 processor will data abort when scanning a type
0 address that is not present.
In our simple bootloader we implemented the data abort handler to catch
these exceptions and continue to scan.
I have not been able to find an example in the uboot code of a data
abort that is anything but fatal.

Has anyone else run into this ?

Thanks.

Confidentiality Notice:   This e-mail transmission may contain
confidential and/or privileged information that is intended only for the
individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that proper
delivery can be arranged, and please delete the message from your
computer.  Thank you.
Inet Technologies, Inc.