[U-Boot-Users] Dynamic SDRAM Config on MPC8245

Ken Chou kchou at istor.com
Thu Feb 6 23:07:51 CET 2003

I looked at boards/sacsng/sacsng.c and wondering how can i2c_read() be
used?

After looking at lib_ppc/board.c, I realized the U-Boot has the
init_fnc_t *init_sequence[] array.

The i2c is initialized before the dram in the U-Boot.

#if defined(CONFIG_HARD_I2C) || defined(CONFIG_SOFT_I2C)
	init_func_i2c,
#endif
#if defined(CONFIG_DTT)		/* Digital Thermometers and Thermostats
*/
	dtt_init,
#endif
	INIT_FUNC_WATCHDOG_RESET
	init_func_ram,

We might need to move to U-Boot instead of using PPCBOOT.

Ken