[U-Boot-Users] RE: More On Memory Bank x (nothingness)?

Vladimir Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Mon Feb 10 22:21:58 CET 2003

Jerry,

I guess the point is EXACTLY to have a CS, which doesn't have anything
connected to it. The idea is to use a certain address space, which is
cached. Thus, you don't have to have real memory there, it is all
in the cache anyway. They chose CS4 to make sure that even if something
goes to the bus, there are no unpleasant side effects, since CS4 is not used.

As I said in the previous email, I also had some problems using this
piece of code and quickly moved on to use OCM, just because I knew that
another bootloader used it anyway.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir