[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 25 15:35:05 CET 2003

In message <76E5F712842F5F49A35738622BAA0F4FDC4095 at ESEALNT442.al.sw.ericsson.se> you wrote:

> As I have understood questions about the former ppcboot and
> the new U-boot should be posted on this list?

Right, thanks.

> What happens is that I only get garbage on the terminal
> output screen whatever settings I am using in minicom,
> hyperterminal or /dev/ttyb in solaris..

Wrong settings of baudrate, bits/char, stop bits, parity?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The so-called "desktop metaphor" of today's workstations  is  instead
an  "airplane-seat"  metaphor.  Anyone who has shuffled a lap full of
papers while seated between two portly passengers will recognize  the
difference -- one can see only a very few things at once.
                                                   - Fred Brooks, Jr.