[U-Boot-Users] PPC405GP - uboot - can't get past stackloop

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 6 16:18:40 CET 2003

In message <EGEGIJHKDKJGAJMGIDPNCEBDCEAA.jwalden at digitalatlantic.com> you wrote:
> >Be careful! The initial memory is NOT in  RAM!!!  It  used  the  data
> >cache  or OCM - don't know the design of your board. If in doubt, use
> >the data cache.

Actually you must  be  using  the  data  cache  for  initial  data  -
otherwise you would not enter "stackloop" at all.

> So if I read correctly, the OCM for the 405GP is not a function of how the
> board is "wired", but how I set it up programmatically.  However it seems
> that you are indicating that it depends on the design of my board.  Can
> you please help provide clarification.

Sorry for not being clear - for me the design  of  a  board  inclused
hardware  and software issues - for example the memory map, which may
be dictated by hardware (address decoders  etc.),  but  often  is  at
least partially adjustable by software.

Did you verify that your stack space (in data cache) can be read  and
written?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
An Elephant is a mouse with an Operating System.              - Knuth