[U-Boot-Users] Re: PATCH: Add strtoul in syscall table

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 13 23:45:50 CET 2003

In message <3DF45C39.EE4FD65C at staubli.com> you wrote:

> The following patch adds the strtoul entry in the syscall table. This
> function is
> very usefull for analyzing the command line arguments in standalone
> applications.

Why do you think this is necessary?

simple_strtoul() is part  of  the  generic  library  (implemented  in
lib_generic/vsprintf.c).  Any  standalone application that needs this
function can simply link against this library, so  I  don;t  see  the
benefit from calling this through the syscall interface.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from
you.                                                   - Ramsey Clark