[U-Boot-Users] directly execute linux zImage: cmd_bootz

Holger Schurig h.schurig at mn-logistik.de
Wed Jan 22 17:13:29 CET 2003

Hi !

Attached is a patch for armboot that directly calls a Linux zImage. It has
been tested on my PXA250 platform.

Prerequisites:

- works only on arm, because it takes stuff from asm_arm/armlinux.c
- set CONFIG_KERNEL_RAM_BASE to where the zImage is in Flash

Problems:

- I have no clue if the tag list get's correctly set up, I'm using a kernel
2.4 which doesn't use the tags anyway.
- how can I pass the cmdline?
- Kernel 2.4. clobbers r2, the pointer to the tag list. In your fixup code you
can have

        MACHINE_START(...)
        BOOT_PARAMS(0xa0000100)
        MACHINE_END

but how put I *params to some fixed address?

I guess this is rather ugly, so comments on how to do it better are welcomed
:-)