[U-Boot-Users] Serial Port Configuration on MPC8xx

Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com
Thu Jul 10 14:19:45 CEST 2003

Hi

> > Is there something clean to do under Uboot to make it
> configure SMC2 ?
>
> Why should U-Boot initialize a port it does not use?
>
> > Where should this init done ?
>
> This should be done, and actually it _is_ done,  in  the  Linux  UART
> driver. No help from U-Boot needed here.
>

> Ummm... what exactly is the problem?

Hum I think that I don't understand something.
In fact when I change the baudrate of SMC1 in UBoot, I see that the same
baudrate remains used in the linux console ( am I getting mad ?? :-)) )
So I thought that the IO Connfiguration & The BRG settings was done only by
UBoot.
BTW, depending on the hardware the IO pins ( and the IO Config ) are not the
same and nothing in the linux config allow to choose that... So it should
mean that the Linux Uart Driver should be patched depending on your
hardware.

Chris