[U-Boot-Users] Patch: Correct flash and JFFS2 support for MPC8260ADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 14 15:27:45 CEST 2003

Dear Yuli,

in message <16145.34432.922282.490743 at gargle.gargle.HOWL> you wrote:

> Original flash support for MPC8260ADS board was cloned from code written
> for 2x16bit flash configuration while this board uses 4x8bit flash
> SIMMs. Also, JFFS2 flash file system was not supported on this
> board. Attached patch fixes some flash support bugs and adds JFFS2
> support. This code works unchanged on new Motorola evaluation board,
> PQ2FADS-ZU. It should work on MPC8266ADS too but I haven't got a board
> for test.

It does not even compile:

flash.c: In function `flash_init':
flash.c:66: warning: `sect_size' might be used uninitialized in this function
flash.c:67: warning: `sect_count' might be used uninitialized in this function
flash.c: In function `flash_real_protect':
flash.c:456: `CFG_FLASH_UNLOCK_TOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
flash.c:456: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
flash.c:456: for each function it appears in.)
flash.c:482: `CFG_FLASH_LOCK_TOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)

Seems you forgot to send all parts of  the  patch.  Please  send  the
missing parts, and fix the warnings, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
                                                         - Mark Twain