[U-Boot-Users] I2C POST test known problems?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 17 00:58:10 CEST 2003

In message <3F15CE75.7070906 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any problems with the I2C POST test - I've enabled it
> and it looks like it locks up the CPM with the busy flag in the command
> register remaining set all the time.

Works fine here, both with the hardware and the software  version  of
the I2C driver:

	=> log show
	<4>POST memory PASSED
	<4>POST spr PASSED
	<4>POST cache PASSED
	<4>POST watchdog <4>PASSED
	<4>POST i2c PASSED
	<4>POST cpu PASSED
	<4>POST ethernet PASSED
	<4>POST spi PASSED
	<4>POST usb PASSED
	<4>POST sysmon PASSED
	=> diag run i2c
	=> log show
	<4>POST memory PASSED
	<4>POST spr PASSED
	<4>POST cache PASSED
	<4>POST watchdog <4>PASSED
	<4>POST i2c PASSED
	<4>POST cpu PASSED
	<4>POST ethernet PASSED
	<4>POST spi PASSED
	<4>POST usb PASSED
	<4>POST sysmon PASSED
	<4>POST i2c PASSED
	=>

> Does anyone know if this is (well) tested code or should I just ignore
> it and write my own...

Please do not ignore it, and do not write  your  own.  If  there  are
problems I'd rather see them fixed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A supercomputer is a machine that runs an endless loop in 2 seconds.