[U-Boot-Users] I2C POST test known problems?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 17 01:29:38 CEST 2003

In message <3F15DCC8.6050106 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> I'm not at all sure - in fact I don't think there are any I2C devices on
> the board but it should still scan the address range and say pass/fail
> according to its findings without locking up. Very odd that i2c_init

Try running the iprobe command in interactive mode and you'll see why
the test takes so long to complete. You may then  consider  switching
to use soft-i2c instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed  Windows",  people  just
stare  at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for
free*".        - Linus Torvalds in <3itc77$9lj at ninurta.fer.uni-lj.si>