[U-Boot-Users] I2C POST test known problems?

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Thu Jul 17 01:16:24 CEST 2003

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <3F15D14E.3020006 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:
>
>>System is mpc8xx based, very close to the Motorola FADS hardware (its
>>the updated version!!).
>

> Are you sure I2C is working at all on your board?

I'm not at all sure - in fact I don't think there are any I2C devices on
the board but it should still scan the address range and say pass/fail
according to its findings without locking up. Very odd that i2c_init
gets called twice without a problem (once from Flash very early on) and
once later before the POST tests run without a problem but then on the
3rd go (when called from i2c_probe) it hangs up!!

Think I'd better check its being put into Master mode otherwise it won't
do anything until it sees a clock presumably...

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer              Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand