[U-Boot-Users] Re: probably bug in ds1621.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 17 09:38:59 CEST 2003

Dear Erik,

in message <EF650850-B7FC-11D7-86FA-000393DC6DE0 at mindspring.com> you wrote:

> I've been quite busy lately with several new hardware designs.

Guess where I heard this before ;-)

> Now to the issues:
>
> #1 - Yes it is a bug

Thanks for the confirmation.

> #2 - I believe the dlen of 0 is correct as it stands. The DS1621 has a
> special start
> and stop conversion "command".  This has a  data length of 0.

This was what I thought from reading the code and the comments.

> If someone is trying these routines on non 405 hardware, the code may
> require
> some adjustment due to minor differences in the low level I2C routines.

Andrey - which hardware are you using?

I understand that this code as is did not  work  for  you,  and  your
modification made it work?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Horses just naturally have mohawk haircuts.