[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for EmbeddedPlanet EP862 board

" XOL " xol at mail.ru
Mon Jul 21 18:35:03 CEST 2003

Hello.
I'm trying to run u-boot on EmbeddedPlanet EP862 board.
I based on RPXClassic configuration and made some changes.
For a while without success. The u-boot stuck without any output.

The problem could be because of the way I try to run it.
My board has 16MB flash at
FF00_0000 - FFFF_FFFF
The original EP bootloader is burned at
FF00_0000 - FF08_FFFF
I do not want to erase it and put u-boot instead untill I'm sure
it will work. Otherwise I can loose a board because I have no
BDM to burn it externally.
So I put u-boot at FF80_0000
After board power up it runs EP bootloader which has
interractive commands shell.
I issue
go FF80_0000
to make it branch to specifyed address and thus run u-boot.
At this point the system stuck.
While configuring u-boot I updated FLASH definitions to
FF80_0000 address.
My question is if this approach can work?
What can be a problem of stuck. Does it metter to u-boot
to run on board after power up or reset or to run on already
configured board.
What about epprom and nvram usage. EP boot loader use them for itself
can this false u-boot and stuck him?
Maybe anyone has configuration for EP862 board.

Thank you in advance.
Xol.