[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for EmbeddedPlanet EP862 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 21 19:25:31 CEST 2003

In message <E19edct-0004wX-00.xol-mail-ru at f15.mail.ru> you wrote:

> The problem could be because of the way I try to run it.

Probably.

> The original EP bootloader is burned at
> FF00_0000 - FF08_FFFF
> I do not want to erase it and put u-boot instead untill I'm sure
> it will work. Otherwise I can loose a board because I have no

This cannot be done. To make U-Boot runnable by some other bootloader
you will have to modify U-Boot. For example, you will have to disable
the code which is responsible for initialization of the  SRDAM.  This
is  very  sensible  code,  which  makes  for  some 99% of all trouble
reports on this list. Now when you think everything is working  fine,
you will have to enable this code, and use it - completely untested.

> BDM to burn it externally.

Get yourself a BDI2000, or at least a BDM4GDB adapter.

> My question is if this approach can work?

It will NOT save you any effort, and it will NOT save you any risk.
In other words: use wasted effort.

> What can be a problem of stuck. Does it metter to u-boot
> to run on board after power up or reset or to run on already
> configured board.

Yes, this matters. U-Boot expects and requires a "virgin" CPU,  fresh
out of reset.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Harrison's Postulate:
	For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.